Friday, February 15, 2019

We're All Ears - February Reveal

For this month's We're All Ears challenge, the theme was Frozen.


This is definitely a theme that I can relate to, given how cold it has been here in the Midwest!

Now--because I was very silly and didn't realize until this morning that today was the third Friday of the month--I've only had time to make one pair of earrings for this reveal. Oops. Still, I enjoyed making them, and it would be a shame not to share them... And here they are:


They are made with bright silver wire and icy Czech glass leaves. I had a hard time capturing the true color of the leaves with my camera--they are a beautiful, pale combination of purple and blue and silver.  They make me think of ice, or the way snow looks at evening.



Once again, I decided to try my hand at making the earwires... I really am enjoying learning how to do that, so I'm sure this isn't the last you'll see of my attempts. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today for this quick little entry! If I have any more earrings to add later, I'll be sure to do so... In the meantime, though, check out the Earrings Everyday blog to see what everyone else made for this challenge. :)

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the icy, frozen feel of the leaves, and the varying lengths of the chains showcase them very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the icy glass leaves. I am sure that they look gorgeous in the light. I like making my own ear wires as well as its cheaper than buying then and you can make them however you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job doing two things I need to do more of--make ear wire and wiring briolette beads. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some quickly thrown together earrings, these are perfect! I considered some moonstone-like beads myself to represent ice, but got pulled in other directions. Keep up the awesome work with those ear wires, you're continuing to inspire me to get off my lazy butt and make my own too! 😂😏

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those leaves are just perfect for the challenge! You're wire wrapping looks great... I have a hard time with that type of wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice job for last minute! I love the frosty blue of these little leaves, like when the ice encases all the trees and leaves in a blast of glass. Thanks for joining in the fun of the We're All Ears challenge. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)