Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Pretty Palettes - February Reveal

It's Pretty Palette Time!

Looking back, I realize that I haven't really posted a lot of in-process photos this month... Truth be told, I haven't had a large number of actual projects that I've been working on. I've been doing a lot of technique-learning... which, while awesome, isn't exactly photogenic.

However! One of the things that I do have to show for myself is what I made for this month's Pretty Palette... and today I get to share it with you!

Here is the palette that was chosen for this month:


...And here is what I made!


Yep! I went Full Tassel.

Again. 

You know, two large tassels in one month... no wonder I haven't really had the time to work on anything else!



About the construction: 
This necklace actually includes a vast array of materials. From the top of the tassel down, we have vintage acrylic, coral, imperial jasper, crackle agate, glass, Czech glass, wood, shell, dyed howlite, and synthetic malachite. Since all of those materials are pretty heavy together, I chose to use a lightweight acrylic focal bead--and I love the fact that the black detailing echoes the dark striping on the malachite.



I really like the way that these colors look together... They are bright and summery--a lovely contrast to the lingering winter weather we've been having. :)

Oh! And for fun, I made a bonus pair of earrings:


...And I even managed to include tassels in them as well. :)

So, there you go! Those are the pieces that I made for this month's Pretty Palettes challenge. Thanks so much for stopping by today to see what I've been up to!

Have a lovely day, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. So nice colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tassels are always so perfect. That color palette has me all kinds of ready for summer and a trip to the beach!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)