Saturday, January 19, 2019

We're All Ears - January Reveal

I'm a day late, but here I am! I'm still getting some technical things figured over here (new computer setup, woo!), so we'll see how this goes... In any case, I'm excited to join in this month's reveal for the We're All Ears challenge.

The challenge in question was to make earrings using the 2019 Pantone Color of the Year. I know I've already blogged about this a little bit (here, if you're interested)... As a reminder, though, this year the color is Living Coral:



I was surprised to find that I actually have quite a few beads in this shade. After a bit of debate, these are the ones that I decided to play with:


They are large and acrylic, salvaged from a vintage necklace--and a perfect candidate for this challenge. Because they are so lightweight (and did I mention large?), I decided to just go big and bold and make them the top part of a two-part dangle. 

This was the final design:



The other beads are vintage glass. I love the contrast between the coral and the blue, and I love the way that they dangle. While they may not the most complicated construction, I still think they're a lot of fun.

Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I made for this challenge... Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. How lucky that you had those beads in your stash! I would have never considered pairing them with the blue, but it works so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue and coral play so well together! I don't have much in this color (most of mine were more orange), so it will be a challenge for me to incorporate this color into my work this coming year. I am glad that you were able to play along in the We're all ears challenge! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)