Thursday, November 15, 2018

Today's Earrings: Ice on the Trees

It appears that Winter has arrived. At least, here in Cincinnati.

This is the sight that greeted me this morning:


Every single branch, bush, and tree is covered with a drippy coating of ice. It's actually really lovely... hazardous, but lovely. (While I was taking this picture, I heard the creaking and the snap of a branch falling just a little down the road... thankfully, it didn't take any power lines with it when it fell. One of my dear friends has been without power since this morning, and I'm not too keen on that happening to us, too.)

Since the ice storm is supposed to continue, and then turn to snow later tonight, I decided to go ahead and use it for the inspiration for today's earrings. I pulled together some of my clear beads, and these two pairs of earrings were born:



For the metal, I decided to go with brass, since it's close to the color of the tree branches. And I went with clear glass, because, well, it just seems to fit the inspiration:


Here are the two pairs of earrings together:


I do hope the weather doesn't get much more wintry today... November is just now half over, and I'm still hoping for some Autumn weather. I mean, it hasn't even been Thanksgiving yet!

Thanks so much for stopping by today to see the earrings that I made today... Have a lovely day, everyone--and if it's Wintering where you are, stay safe!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)