Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Wednesday's Worktable

It's Wednesday! 

That means I get to show you what is currently on my craft table. Woo!

Now, I don't actually have any projects currently being worked on. However, I do have some pretty beads to share. You see, I'm in the middle of my massive Bead Sorting of Doom... Which, while being incredibly time consuming, has also been a great deal of fun since I get to visit with some of my beadie treasures.

You know, like these:


...and these:


Those are both Vintage Japanese two-holed beads... They're actually fairly new acquisitions (purchased from a friend and bead seller on Facebook), and they are absolutely gorgeous. 

Sorting through my beads has really driven home the fact that I really do have quite a few beautiful things. 

Also, quirky things--like these:


Coffee beans! Yes, indeed, those are jewelry-stable coffee beans. Hah! With the amount of coffee I have consumed during this project, I suppose it's only fitting that I have them as beads, too.

Now, I realize that I've been referencing this bead sorting project for some time now... To give you a scope of the project, here are the bins of my purple and blue beads. They have all been re-packaged and sorted by color (there really are so many shades of blue).


...And here are the browns and greens (both sorted), and the red/orange/yellow in pre-sorting phase:


That's not even including all of 
my metal beads. Or my findings. Or the beads that are currently housed in my bead boxes, or squirreled away in special places. 

...I really do have a lot of beads.

I think this is going to take me quite some time--and I'm sure you'll be hearing me talk about it a lot until then. Still, I'm super excited to be making headway with it, and it's going to be so worth it when it's done. And who knows? Maybe I'll share other little treasures here as I find them. :)

Thanks for stopping by today to see what I'm up to... Happy Wednesday, everyone!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)