Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Hello, November!

It's that time of year again! 

...That wonderful time where people all over the world attempt to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. 

That's right: it's time for National Novel Writing Month


I've actually done this for the last 7 years--longer, really, but that's as far back as my online account seems to go--and once again I'm joining the crowd of ambitious writers. So far I'm doing well... I've reached today's word count goal, and am still going. Woo!

Now, knowing that this undertaking was looming ahead, I have spent the last few days trying to finish up some beading projects on my worktable. That way, they didn't languish away while I'm writing.

One of those projects was October's Bargain Bead Box. The theme for the box was all things steampunk... it was full with copper gears and keys and shades of brown. I decided to divide up the components and make two different sets, and just yesterday I finished up my projects.

And so, for this week's worktable update, I'll show you what I created!


Set #1


This is the first necklace that I made, focused on the key pendant that was included in the box. I combined it with glass and crystals and paper beads I made--all in shades of purple and green.

Why purple and green? Well, that actually ties in with one of the stories that I'm writing... But telling you about the significance would count as a spoiler, so you'll just have to take my word on it. :)


I also made matching earrings to go with the necklace--also with key-themed charms from the box. 

Oh! And speaking of the key-theme, you might want to check out the toggle clasp I used:


Yep, it's a copper key-and-lock toggle clasp! One that I already had in my stash, actually, and just happened to match... it's always fun when things fall into place like that. :)


Set #2

For this second set, I went all out:


It's a steampunk gear tassel necklace!

It's made with copper and Autumn jasper and glass and crystal and ceramic--honestly, a little bit of everything. (Perhaps I was rebelling a little from only being able to use one type of material for my October Monthly Challenge?)

I also made two different pairs of matching earrings... I couldn't decide which design I liked better, so I just made them both.


Honestly, I have been wanting to make a steampunk tassel necklace for awhile... I was pretty thrilled when I was able to do so with the materials in the box. That pendant is perfect. :)


Now, my original plan was to post all of these pieces to my Etsy store, although now I am strongly considering keeping at least one of them. Probably the tassel necklace. Or I could list it, and buy the materials to make another one for me at a later time. Oh, the decisions!

And now it's time for me to get back to working on NaNo. Thank you so much for stopping by today... As always, I appreciate you!

Happy November, everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

---
P.S. Heh, I have had a lot of caffeine today in an attempt to have the energy to get a good head start on my NaNo novel. As a result, I am very excited about everything and feel like I'm THINKING IN ALL CAPS. Hah. I tried to tone it down for my blog entry, but I don't know if I did a good job. Ah well... hopefully my excitement isn't annoying! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)