Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Wednesday's Worktable

My worktable is pretty messy this week. It feels like I have a zillion projects rattling around in my head, and that definitely can be seen in my work area.

...But I'm not going to show you a picture of that. Hah. 


Instead, I'm going to show you project number zillion-and-one that I decided to tackle today, just on a whim:



That is some discontinued Lion Brand trellis yarn in a beautiful Autumn colorway, paired with some size 6 seed beads. 

My plan is to make a fringe-y tassel-y yarn necklace, with some of the seed beads added to the ends to give them some weight...




I'm about halfway done. I have another 12 strands to do for the other side. Believe it or not, it actually takes some time to string those beads on the yarn...  A large eye beading needle doesn't seem to help, and my fingers are a little grumpy from the fiddly maneuvering.

When it's done, we'll see if it actually turns out the way that I want it to, or if it will just be another experiment gone "meh." Still, that's part of the creative process, isn't it? 


Thanks so much for stopping by today and seeing what I'm up to! Hopefully here soon, I'll be able to share some of my other zillion projects. :)


Happy Wednesday, everyone!


---

EDIT

Well, I finished it! 

...Not entirely sure what I think, though. I'm leaning towards "meh," but perhaps it's too soon to say. Either way, here are some pictures. It can be worn two ways... long, either looped together in the front or held together with a vintage pin I found:



...or doubled up and drawn through itself, much like a scarf:


Right now, I think I prefer it the second way. Hmmm.

I'm not sure I'll make any more of these (I do have a lot of this kind of yarn in my stash), but it was rather fun to give it a try. Like I said, it's all part of the creative process. :)

2 comments:

  1. Very creative and the colors are beautiful. It looks like it was a fun project from a great creative vision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! It was a fun project. I'm definitely liking it more today... I may end up giving one of my other yarns a try. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)