Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Hello, October!

Hurray for October!

On my worktable this week is a project that I actually started last November, as part of my Monthly Challenge. As you may recall, that was the month where I made jewelry inspired by art that I saw at the Baltimore Museum of Art. 

Now, while I made many beautiful things for that challenge, I actually had more projects than I had time for. In particular, one of those projects involved making something using this postcard of a Roman mosaic:

This photo is dated to last November.

At the time, all I had time for was to make this pendant:

A cool Roman mosaic sea dragon!
Yep, this picture is also dated to last November.

Over the last year, I've slowly been accumulating beads to match this pendant. Some bronze pearls here, some champagne crystals there. It was only this week where I was finally satisfied with the pieces that I had gathered:


...And I was finally ready to start creating.

Oh, and I'm sure you're surprised... there's a tassel:




Now, I realize that the colors of these photos is a bit off... that pinky-mauve-cream color was very hard to capture in this week's light. Still, I'm very happy with how it turned out... It always feels nice finishing a project, even if it took almost a year!

Thanks so much for stopping by today... I hope that your October is lovely, and full of happy creative things.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)