Friday, September 29, 2017

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - September Reveal

Ten days ago, I announced what I would do for this September's Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge... and I'm excited to say that I have something to show for it! Hurray!

As a refresher, my challenge was to make something with this lovely mix of orphaned beads (a veritable bead soup, if you will):

Not my picture!
This was from the Etsy listing, found here.

I do love a good bead soup, after all... and it's even in my favorite color! :)

For this challenge, I started by sorting out the beads, trying to get an idea of what I wanted to make...

  
...And very quickly I realized that I was smitten with the combination of the reddish purple pearls and the beads with the metallic rainbow sheen. That led to me searching through my stash to see if I had anything else that matched that particular color scheme.


One thing led to another, and very soon I had a necklace.

This necklace, to be precise:


  

Hand-knotted on waxed linen, it is a combination of materials both from the bead soup and my stash. The materials include pearl and glass and brass and gold-plated metal--all put together in a unabashedly purple necklace.

Oh, and another fun fact: the golden circle that serves as part of the pendant is actually a re-purposed ring.


Also, I've made a matching pair of earrings--but I have yet to get any good pictures of them. Ah well. Hopefully soon!

Thank you so much for stopping by today to see what I made... Although rather last minute, I'm very happy with how this necklace turned out. And, since I have many more pieces of the bead mix left, I'm excited to make some other pieces, too!

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. The necklace is quite lovely and it has beads with my favourite finish on beads - the rainbow finish

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)