Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Hello, August!

I have a bit of a soft spot for August. 

Growing up, it was the month of family vacation... That meant that even though school was around the corner, August was a month of fun and travel and summer's grand finale. Even though I've been out of school for years, that feeling is still there... And so, as August begins, I'm pretty excited about what this month holds. (Hah--and it just so happens that this year, family vacation again falls in August. Woo!)

As far as my beading goes, August is definitely starting off on an amazing foot... On my craft table this week, I have something really really special:


That awesome compilation of materials is actually a prize that I won... A prize from one of the most recent Allegory Gallery Design Kit Competitions

That's right--one of my designs actually won something!! Just, wow. Considering how many amazing and talented people also entered that competition, I'm floored. (The winning design can be seen in this blog entry--it's Design 4.)


The prize itself is pretty amazing... It's a combination of vintage plastic, vintage seed beads, a luxury bead blend, Czech glass, a hand-dyed silk ribbon, wood beads, waxed Irish linen, a ceramic piece by Earthenwood Studio, a ceramic piece by Gaea Cannaday, and a few strands of stone beads. There's even a book: "Exposed Bead & Wire Jewelry" by Margot Potter, Fernando DaSilva, and Katie Hacker. 


...Since the lighting in my kitchen is a bit off, I suppose I would remiss in not sharing the official prize photo--to give you a better idea of all the lovelies I now get to play with:

Not my picture! Originally from the Allegory Gallery Blog.

I honestly am not sure what all I'm going to create... But, golly, the possibilities are wonderful! And considering that this month's vacation is going to be in a forest, nestled in the Appalachian Mountains of Western Maryland, I have to say the color palette is right on point! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today... I truly appreciate the people who read my blog. Just like these beads--and vacation, and August--you make me smile. :)

Have a wonderful August, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)