Thursday, March 23, 2017

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - March Edition

For past Wonder and Whimsy challenges, I've made jewelry inspired by ancient cultures, I've emulated works by visual artists, I've learned new techniques, and I've even limited myself to using only a set amount of beads.

...But you know something I haven't done? 

Made jewelry based on a literary work. 

So! That's what I'm going to do for the March edition of my challenge. More specifically, I'm going to make pieces based on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll.


The inspiration for this challenge actually came from the above necklace I picked up while shopping at the mall. On one side, it has a misaligned compass that says "Curiouser and Curiouser," and on the other it has a depiction of the Cheshire Cat.


My original thought was to just take the pendant and put it on a different chain... But, that idea quickly morphed, and I decided to make it into a theme for my challenge.

Come back on Friday, March 31st to see what all I make!

---
My apologies for posting this introduction so late... While I actually picked this theme before I went on vacation, I wasn't able to write about it before now. Thanks for your understanding... and feel free to play along! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)