Friday, October 28, 2016

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - October Reveal

Here it is, time for my Monthly Challenge reveal! Woo!

As a reminder, my goal was to make at least five jewelry sets to go into the silent auction for charity hosted by my friend's workplace. (For those interested, I wrote about it here.) 

...And I am happy to report that I did just that! I made exactly five sets. (In fact, my friend actually ended up making more than I did--hah! We are, indeed, taking over the auction with jewelry. *grin*)

Now, to show you what I made--in no specific order! 

Set #1


I showed this grouping of beads in the entry introducing this challenge... And with them, I made this:


...Although, to be fair, I actually switched out the purple glass beads with the AB finish to similar purple glass without such a finish. I thought it matched the pendant better. 



Set #2


This second set was a bit of a challenge... The combination of coral pink and pewter is not one that I usually go for, but I wanted to make something with those pendants. Overall, I think it turned out pretty well:


...And, what can I say? Those coral-colored round beads match the pendant perfectly!



Set #3


This set was actually a surprise. I've had that blue crystal pendant for years now, and when I was rooting through my stash it jumped out at me. I had never been able to figure out a design that did it justice... That said, I am very pleased with how this set came together! :)



Set #4


This is the one season-specific set I made for the auction. I was inspired to make it by looking out the window at the red-and-gold trees. It's no secret that I love Autumn... and I think that love just sort of flowed over into this set.



Set #5


These beads are ones I bought specifically for this challenge... The materials include enameled metal, glass, and adorable little freshwater pearls. 

Delightful and delicate, I turned them into this set:


This is actually the first set that I made--and the only one that was not made by stringing. I actually have some of the materials left over, and I am seriously considering making another one for me!


So, there you go! Those are all of the sets that I made for this challenge. 

And, believe it or not, this was actually quite a challenge... Knowing my audience, I tried to keep the designs fairly simple (they don't necessarily like the big statement necklaces I enjoy making), and it was rather hard to reign in my desire to make everything super complicated. It was a good exercise in restraint. ;)

Here's one last look at them, all packaged up and ready to be auctioned off:



The actual auction is this weekend... I can't wait to see how it goes! I love being able to use my gifts to benefit others, and I am exceedingly grateful to my friend for letting me be a part of this. What a lovely way to finish up October. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today to see what I made!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for donating to the cause! I bid on the autumn necklace. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)