Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Jenny Monthly Challenge - April Edition

I have really been struggling to figure out what to do for this month's challenge. (You actually probably guessed that, since the month is almost half over, and I am just now posting this. Heh.)

Still, after much debate, inspiration struck earlier this week. Hurray!

So, what's my April Challenge, you ask? 

This bag is my April Challenge:

Ah, yes... Still life with vintage teapot, catapult, dinosaur, and BAG.
Oh, and a lovely card from my mommy.

That bag?

Is from a local consignment shop--one that is I can easily walk to, but only recently visited. (And by recently, I mean the last week of March. It's called Shoes Included, for anyone interested.) It's a shop that has all sorts of treasures, from shoes to furniture to jewelry (there is currently a piece from South Africa in there that I'm drooling over!). 

When I first went in, I expressed interest in some of the less expensive jewelry--which shouldn't be a surprise, because I'm always looking for things that I can repurpose. I explained to the owner that I make jewelry, and she told me that she also had pieces of misfit jewelry to sell--lone earrings, that sort of thing.

So, what's in the bag?


Jewelry pieces are in that bag!!

I. Am. Thrilled.

Seriously thrilled. I love unique components, and I love repurposing things. It's always fun when you can take something and give it new life!

Here are some of the lovelies, laid out...




...And so, my April Challenge is going to be to make something using components from the bag. 

One of those purple necklaces, dismantled. What fun things to play with!

Now, I'm sure I'll mix in other pieces supplies from my stash, too, to make the finished pieces. That is perfectly acceptable. My main goal is just to use some of what I picked up--I have a whole bag of goodies, after all!


(For example, I can already tell that a lot of these components are big--and while I like making statement necklaces, I tend to use smaller components to do so. So, it's time to rummage through my supplies to find things to complement them... or challenge myself to make something big and bold using big and bold beads!)

So, there you go, that's my Monthly Challenge for April! Be sure to come back on Friday, April 29th to see what I end up making!

...And, yikes, that's not too far away. I better hop to it and start creating! Wheee!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)