Thursday, March 17, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm part of many beading-centric Facebook groups, one of which is called the Bead Soup Cafe

So, why am I bringing this up today? Well, an inspiration picture was compiled and posted to this particular group, and it was suggested that we use it as a springboard to make a jewelry design.

It really is a lovely inspiration picture--and quite appropriate for today: 

Celtic and green--just lovely!
And, yes, quite appropriate for St. Patrick's Day.

And, inspired by the picture, here are the two pieces that I made!


Yep, I made a pair of earrings and a bracelet--made in shades of brass, antique gold, and (of course) green.

The green beads in question are actually acrylic... lovely and lightweight, and with just the right amount of drape. The mottled appearance makes me think of moss and the countryside. In fact, when I went to make the earrings, the only thing I knew was that I wanted to use those particular green beads.

However, when I was searching through my stash, I found the celtic knot components... And, from there, the earrings practically made themselves.


I still had some green beads left, so I decided to make a bracelet, too. They were just the right size to make a wrap bracelet, so that's what I did.

The button I used for the bracelet closure is vintage, and I was super excited to find it in my stash. And you can see why--the weave pattern also reminds me of celtic knots. 


And, for fun, here is a bonus shot of the bracelet being worn:

Yes, that is my wrist.
And I'm standing in the doorway of my craft room.

So, there you go! Some lovely St. Patrick's Day jewelry, inspired by a lovely picture. I always love finding jewelry inspiration in photographs and other such media... And this was no exception!

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

I hope you have a wonderful Thursday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Wow I love this!! It totally get's the theme in many ways!! :) Top of the DAY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Top of the Day to you!! Thank you so much for putting the picture together--I had a lot of fun with this! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)