Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wednesday's Worktable

As I've mentioned before, my worktable has been overflowing with projects and ideas... I've even started planning my March Monthly Challenge already!* Today, though, I decided to take a break from working on my Halcraft pieces, and my origami pieces, and my SJ Designs Jewelry pieces. 

Now, my original plan was to play with these super sparklies that I purchased the last time I was at Michaels... 


...But that didn't actually happen.

You see, while I was looking at those, I saw something in the corner of my eye: a glass focal bead from GlassyFields, included as a thank you gift with my last purchase. I had thought I had put it away, but there is was sitting on the corner of my beading table.

Now, it's not a bead that I normally would have picked out. That's not saying it's unattractive, it's just not my go-to style. As I looked at it, I wondered--what could I make with that?

One thing led to another, and before I realized that I had deviated from my original plan, I had gathered a bunch of coordinating beads to play with:


The focal bead can be seen in the center, surrounded by all sorts of options: pearls and Czech glass and dyed magnesite, with some acrylic and dyed wood for good measure.

It's probably no surprise where this lead me:


...Yep. Yet another tassel necklace in the making!

I'm actually really excited about where this particular design is going... It's always fun to take something I was unsure about and make something gorgeous. And while I haven't decided if that's the final pattern or not, but I think it's safe to say that the super sparkly beads have been put away for another day, and it's time for me to settle down into making wire-wrapped links. Exciting times!

Thanks for stopping by today... Happy Wednesday, everyone!

---
* - Did you know that March is actually the 2 year anniversary of my Monthly Challenges? Well, it is! As a result, I want to make it extra special... Hence all of the extra planning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)