Saturday, November 14, 2015

Today's Earrings: Purple Glass

Today's earrings are rather simple, made with two types of purple glass: lampwork glass and fire-polished Czech glass.

I really do love purple.

...To be honest, I actually had a very hard time working on these today. I don't often comment on current events--most of the time issues are too complicated to just sum up with a one sentence platitude--but the events in Paris last night have really shaken me.

It feels rather silly, making earrings while the world is hurting. 

Still, I remind myself of a quote from one of the Hobbit movies, spoken by Gandalf: 
"Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I've found it is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love."

...Earrings cannot cure hate, but at least this little thing can help me not give in to despair. There is evil in the world--but, also, there is beauty, there is love, and there is light.

Stay safe, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)