Sunday, November 29, 2015

Today's Earrings: Copper and Chrysoprase

Earlier this month, I got my hands on two strands of gorgeous, gorgeous chrysoprase.

I made a necklace-and-earring set with one of the strands, and I ended up having two beads left over. (Haven't touched the second strand yet; am waiting for just the right design.)

...I certainly couldn't let those two beads feel unloved, could I? So, I got out some dark copper/brass wire, and started to play around:


Are those wire-shaped pieces perfect? Nope. For one thing, they aren't identical. Also, I don't have any nylon-tipped pliers, and you can see some of my work-marks. Still, for someone who is learning and playing around, I think they turned out rather well. 

...And it's hard to go wrong with such lovely chrysoprase. :)

One more day in November--one more pair of earrings to make. Let's see if I come up with any inspirations between now and tomorrow.

Take care, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)