Friday, May 30, 2014

The Jenny Monthly Challenge - May Reveal

---
For those looking for my bead soup reveal, go here!
---

Well, it's the last Friday of the month! 

...Do you know what that means?

That's right! It's time for the reveal of what I made for the May Jenny Monthly Challenge! To help jog your memory, here is the May kit that I picked for myself:

Kumihimo!

And now, here is what I made!

A necklace and a bracelet! :)


I had wanted to make so much more, but May became a lot (a lot) busier than I had anticipated. 

Not only that, but I had forgotten just how much of a time commitment kumihimo really is. It's simple and repetitive, it's true--but, like knitting, it's not exactly something that can be rushed. 


Case in point: I actually started making four things--and only finished two. 

The first design I tried, I ended up not liking. At all. The colors weren't distinct enough--it involved green and black and two shades of purple, and almost all of them ended up looking the same. It wasn't at all what I had envisioned.

So, I actually allowed myself to stop. Instead of trying to solider onward and making myself frustrated, I pulled the threads and started again. And I'm so, so glad I did! The next two designs were so much better.

Below, you can see the truncated first attempt alongside my two finished items.


And as for the fourth design... Things happened, and I just wasn't able to finish in time. 

That's all right, though. I'm excited that I have two finished pieces to share!

 
 

So, there you go! Another successful monthly challenge!

I am glad that I got a chance to bring out my braiding discs again... Who knows? If things start to settle down, maybe I'll be making even more pieces. 

Thank you so much for visiting! Now I get to decide what the challenge should be for June! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)