Thursday, January 9, 2014

Current Project: Craft Room Overhaul

I've been saying it for awhile… my craft room needs help. 

It's messy, it's disorganized, and it's hard to find what I need. My interests have grown, I have acquired new tools and new materials, and my original organization just hasn't been able to keep up with me.

So! That's my project for the New Year. It's time to bring order to craft room chaos.

...And guess what I'm tackling first.

`

That's right: the beads. 

Originally, I sorted beads by project. 

But, as I've grown and stretched myself, I realize that's not working anymore. When I go looking for beads, I search by color. Not really size, not really material--color.

So, yeah. Time for epic bead organization overhaul.

I totally went through and sorted out all of the colors from this mix.
How many were there? Six.

I'm on day 3 of said epic overhaul, and have been making some awesome--albeit slow--progress. I'm taking my time to do it right--I've found that if I push myself to go too fast, I just drop beads everywhere.

I suppose I could complain that it's tedious, but there is part of me that really enjoys staring at pretty things and putting them in little containers.

So, if you're needing me, I'm going to be on the sofa surrounded by bead boxes, sipping tea and listening to music.

…Making my craft room beautiful, one bead at a time. 

2 comments:

  1. I have to do the same thing, and while I've made a bit of progress, I find that each time I discover something that had been buried, I immediately start designing instead of organizing. I suppose that's also a form of productivity, but it's a little off topic! Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I understand! That's why I'm actually bringing the bead boxes into the living room, and not working on it in the craft room… if I'm close to my beading table, no organizing will get done, and I'll suddenly have 15 new pairs of earrings. Thankfully, my husband is understanding enough not to mind the upheaval!

      …That being said, we'll see if I can continue my focus. If I'm not careful, I'll end up turning the living room into a craft room, too. ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)