Friday, August 16, 2013

Reveal: A Sisterly Present

In my last entry, I posted about a present that I made for my sister... And then I promptly disappeared from Blog Land. (Granted, it was only for a few days--but, golly, Monday feels like so long ago.)

And so, because you have all been so patient, I present without any further ado... 

The Finished Necklace
(Name to be Decided)


The necklace chain is made from wire-wrapped links of freshwater pearls (the cream ones) and glass pearls (the black ones).



Using wire-wrapped pearls was actually a design choice inspired by a necklace my sister already owns--and absolutely loves. It's a simple strand of bronze pearls, each wire-wrapped into a link that makes up the overall chain. Simple, elegant--and something that matches almost her entire wardrobe.

Honestly, she's worn that necklace constantly for years now.

So, I figured, why mess with something that works for her? :)




It was so fun being able to send this to her, without her knowing that it was coming.... and I have it on good authority (namely, her excited texts) that she loves it.

(Side note: It was also nicely timed--because apparently the aforementioned favorite-necklace-of-all-time just recently broke... after years of constant love, the wire started to weaken. I've offered to fix it for her, if she decides to go that route... but, at least in the meantime, there was an octopus to soften the blow!)

So, hurray for octopus necklaces!

And hurray for Friday--I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! Both of you!!
    I didn't know you could do that. Praise God for back-up if mine ever breaks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee... Definitely keep me in mind if you ever need repairs! :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)