Thursday, May 16, 2013

In Which I Turn into a Squealing Fangirl - Part 1

As I've gotten more involved in the beading community, I have been trying--as funds allow--to buy some handmade components to go in my creations. After all, there are so many incredibly talented artists out there!

And, well, yeah...  The inevitable has happened.

I've turned into a squealing fangirl.


In my defense, though--these artists are just so cool. And I want to share their coolness!


For example, just look at these:



These?


All lamp-worked beads, made individually by hand by the amazingly talented Juls over at Julsbeads (and her shop is here).  I am in awe of the shiny things that she creates...  She makes the glass sing. 


(And, on a sidenote, not only is she insanely talented with glass, but she also has a wonderful way with words--it is pleasant and whimsical, and often reminds me just how blessed I really am.)


With so much love and hard work that goes into these beads, who can blame me for liking them so much?




So, yes, the beads I bought.  

First up: the focal bead.  


It's called a Serenity Stone, and is described as a "small something to carry in [your] pocket to serve as a touchstone of faith, a reminder to live in the positive and focus on the moment."  That is already something that I try to do anyway a regular basis, so it's cool to have a physical reminder--something that was made specifically for that purpose.

But, that's not all I got!

Next up, the purple ribbed glass beads:




Then, the "Cape Cod" beads...





And, last but not least, the beach-colored beads:




And here is everything together!



I had originally planned to string the focal on a simple piece of cord and keep it in my pocket, while I made the rest into hairsticks.

But now I'm thinking I might use them to make a necklace and matching earrings and keep them for myself... because they're mine, all mine, mwahahahaha!

...Erm.

*clears throat*

Well, let's just say I'm undecided.


...And when I do finally decide what to make, rest assured that I will be sure to post pictures of it here!

So, there you go.  My first--but definitely not last--foray into squealing fangirl-ness.  I have at least two more artists I want to burble about, and I'm sure there will be more down the line.  

The world is full of talented, wonderful people...  And I am so blessed to meet some of them!  :D

---

And, for those interested in such things--no, Juls did not pay me or bribe me to write this entry.  Not in the slightest.  I'm just really, really excited about the lovely things that she makes, and when I get really excited I like to share.

After all, this blog is, in part, my chronicle of happy things...  And, to me, these beads are really happy things!  :D

4 comments:

  1. You are just precious. I am so glad you like the beads. I couldn't resist including the ivory just in case you decided to pair them with your serenity stone. I look forward to seeing what you create.

    Much love,
    Juls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love them! (Heh, you probably already guessed that...) I actually did a dance when I opened the package. Thank you so, so much!

      Delete
  2. I love Juls' work, too, so I completely share the "squeee!!!" reaction you had. Her work is lovely, her writing is a bright spot in the day, and you can't help but love anything you make with her beads. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, someone to share in the "squeeee!!" :D

      I keep thinking that I'm overreacting, and then I look at the beads and get giddy again. There is nothing quite like holding such beautiful things, made with such love and attention.

      Thank you so much for commenting--it was a bright point in my day!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)