Thursday, March 7, 2013

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone: Beginning of a Blog Series

...It all started when I decided to sign up for Bead Soup.

Little by little, I have been challenging myself to do things that I normally wouldn't do. Things that don't come naturally to me--and, frankly, rather terrify me.

You know, things like joining a 500+ participant blog hop.

Like working with materials I don't usually use.

Like allowing myself to try something new--even if I might fail.

Like using size 50(!) knitting needles to make a scarf.

I realize that I have a lot of room to grow--in confidence, in skill, in peace with myself and who I am.

And so, when things come up, I'm going to blog about them.  Not so that people can pat me on the back and tell me that I'm doing a good job (although such encouragement is always welcome!).

Taking the road into the unknown.

Rather, I want to chronicle my journey, for me.

So that I can look back, see what I have done and what I have accomplished... And see the beauty in growing.

---

Please pardon the recent abundance of Instagram pictures...  Have been running around like a madwoman, and have not gotten much chance to take/organize/resize photos.  Don't worry, I haven't abandoned my cameras.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)