Friday, March 22, 2013

Manatee!

So, this is follow-up on something that happened back in October. (Egads, was it really that long ago? ...Yes, I suppose it was.)

Anyway, last October, I went to the Zoo, and picked up a smashed penny souvenir. That started the debate: what do I do with it?

Well, I'm happy to report that I finally did something with it:


Ta-da! It's a manatee bracelet!

Now, I had actually decided on making it into that bracelet not long after I had last blogged about it (yep, once again, back in October).

So, why did I wait so long to actually do it?



Well, it was a matter of glue.

You see, it was only recently that I decided on what adhesive to use to attach the penny to the bracelet backing.



The original glue that I had in mind wasn't strong enough to hold the penny in place.  The second glue took too long to set, and the manatee kept sliding.

Then, in true Goldilocks fashion, the third glue (actually an epoxy resin) was just right!


I don't usually wear bracelets, but I haven't taken this off since it finished drying this morning!

...And now that I have a good adhesive to use, I want to start collecting all sorts of smashed penny souvenirs!  :D


2 comments:

  1. Didn't realize it made a bracelet! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprise, it's a bracelet! Heehee, I'm really happy with how this turned out. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)