Monday, January 7, 2013

The Final Piece of My Display Table

It came, oh, it came!

I have mentioned, in passing, that December was a busy, busy month.  It was full of making Christmas presents and preparing for my display table.  And finally, after much work, the last piece of my display table has arrived.  

And, oh!  It is better than I could have imagined!


Want to guess what it is?

It's a showcase of my work, a book of jewelry designs.

...Jewelry designs that I created.




Except...  It's more than just that.  

It's also a storybook.

Because, in between the pictures of pieces, I have interspersed the tales that go with them--the stories that I have written for my store, specifically to go with the jewelry that I create.











...To see my work in print--my jewelry, my photos, my words--is enough to make me cry.  

And it makes my desire to be a published author so strongly ache inside me that it's hard to contain.  It's spurring me to actually write, and not just dream about writing.

I'm sure it's silly, but I am extremely proud of this book.

Again, I'm going to be putting it on my display table this week--not as a catalog (because it is by no means a conclusive collection of my work), but to showcase what I am able to do.  After all: marketing!  

But, even more than that, this book is a promise to myself that my words are worthwhile... my stories need to be told... and my creations are beautiful.


---

I designed and printed this book using blurb.com, an on-demand printing site.  As of right now, there is only one copy that has been printed--my copy.

Want to see this book for yourself?

Either go see it at my display table, hunt me down to look at mine, or let me know you're interested and I will set up a way for you to buy it on blurb.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)