Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wednesday's Table

Tomorrow is the first day of November.

Tomorrow, the insanity begins.

It's NaNo time!

November is National Novel Writing Month--where ambitious (read: crazy) authors try to write 50,000 words in one month.  

This is something that I've attempted every November since 2005--and have succeeded at doing every November since 2008.  In fact, last year I wrote over 100,000 words...  Because I'm just that insane.  

And, apparently, that verbose.

Now, when I work on stories, I usually (but not always) write in a notebook first.  I love writing longhand...  I actually find it helps me be more creative, and more focused--if for no other reason than the lack of Internet.  Eventually, I then transfer my writing onto the computer--fleshing out the scene and filling it in as I go.

That is why, in preparation for the upcoming insanity, I have made a NaNo Notebook.

So pretty!  ...And on the left you can see my NaNo travel mug,
proudly proclaiming "Author."

The notebook again, front on.

Honestly, it's really nothing too elaborate...  it's just a simple one subject notebook (a Five Star Notebook, because I'm rather particular), covered sporadically with Fairy Tale themed cardstock.

Tools of the trade: the cardstock, the notebook, the paper-cutter, and
a gluestick.

This cardstock is awesome...  I got it on sale at JoAnn's.  This stack is
usually $20.00; I got it for considerably less than that.

Basically, I just cut out pictures...


And then glued them in, every ten pages or so.


Nothing more elaborate that that.  

Still, I think it's just perfect for what I have in mind...  especially since, by the time November is over, it's definitely not going to be perfect.  Knowing me, there will be tea stains and entire pages crossed out.  After all, writing can be messy--especially if you're doing it right.

Here is a peak inside (well, of the covered pages--the blank pages are rather run-of-the-mill):

The inside cover.

A treasure map.
 
A far-off castle.

A dancing mermaid.

The Landus Fantasticus--
the Land that is Far Far Away.

The High Mountains are filled with dragons.

This is the inside of the back cover...  And a reminder of where my
story will be headed.

Other than making this notebook, I haven't done much planning for NaNo.  My hope is to write more on Landus Fantasticus (oh, how wonderful it would be to finish it!)...  but I guess we'll see where I end up.

In any case, it will be written in a happy, snazzy Fairy Tale NaNo Notebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)