Monday, October 1, 2012

Things to Be Happy About

I suppose an alternative title to this post would be: "What I've Been Doing This Past Month."  I've been very busy since getting home from vacation...  but, it's been happy.  

So, as I get back into the swing of posting to this blog, I thought I'd start with sharing some of those happy things...

---

Things to Be Happy About...

1. Celebrating my fourth year wedding anniversary this past Thursday.


Four years ago, September 27th was a beautiful sunny Autumn day.
...This year, September 27th was an overcast, drizzly day--
perfect  for staying home and cuddling and watching a silly movie.

2. Finding out my husband doesn't actually need to have surgery--his fibula is healing straight and strong all on its own.  He can even put weight on that leg now!  *happy dance*

3. Listening to the soft sound of rain.

It's hard to tell, but those leaves are glistening...  because it's pouring!

 4.  Crafting!  So much crafting.  I did quite a bit while on vacation, and have been working on some new items for my store.  Wonder and Whimsy is soon going to be branching out!  :D

Sneak peak at happiness to come!

And, related to that last item...

5. Going to craft stores--with whoever will take me!  Recently, I've gone with my husband and my mother-in-law and my best friend...  What happiness!  So much fun!

Loot!  Pretty pretty strands of glass pearls.

6. Going to the grand opening on the new Jungle Jims International Market--which is basically an Ikea of food.  There were over 10,000 people there for the event!  Also: their sushi is pretty tasty (yay for free samples).

We got there an hour and a half early, and already the parking lot
was mostly full.  Craziness!

7. Having a writer's lunch with my awesome mother-in-law...  Getting to sit down and talk with a fellow writer is always fun...  and how cool that she's related to me?!  :D


The "Happy Anniversary" chocolates that my mother-in-law bought
for me and my husband...  when we went to Michaels, of course.  :D

8. Going on a trip to the Zoo with one of my sister-in-laws and her three wonderful children...  Not only did I have fun hanging out with cool people, I got to see a manatee!  :D

Oh, look, it's a peacock!

Oh, look, it's a peacock that wants to eat lunch with us.
Apparently.

9. Spending time with friends, playing video games--be it World of WarCraft or Diablo 2...  There is something to be said for electronic bonding.

...Okay, so this has nothing to do with video games,
or electronic bonding.  But--it's a pretty flower!

10. Coming up with ideas for stories, specifically for my store...  After a bit of writer's block, the ideas keep coming!

And, last but not least...

11. Thinking about upcoming National Novel Writing Month, which is coming up in November...  Woohoo!  So excited!

This picture was taken years ago...  in 2007, to be precise.
...And yet I still look like that when I write.
Here's looking forward to lots of writing in November!

---

...That is just a little of what I've been up to recently, although it's just scratching the surface.  I am so, so pleased that the stress of August is slipping away...  I am once more settling into a routine, and finding myself often thinking: "Hey... I'm happy."

And have you, lovely readers, been doing anything fun in my absence?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Love the picture of you writing--and your list of happy things. Thanks for including me! I listened to the NaNoWriMo song this morning--starting to get pumped! And I had such a good time with you last week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I had a lovely time, too! Spending time with you definitely goes on my list of happy things! :D

    Also, this year's NaNo site has been launched. I've been doing my best not to go completely nuts. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)