Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wednesday's Table

And now to answer the pressing question: since my display table has been set up, what have I been dedicating my time to?

Heh.

Why, learning another creative medium, of course.

Now, what is this spaceship doing here?
Oh, that's right... it's a not-so-subtle hint as to what I've been doing!

That's right, folks, I'm back to trying my hand at 3D modeling.  

And that is my spaceship.

Here it is again!

So, what prompted me to once more play around with hexagons and textures?   

A custom order.  

Someone asked me to create a necklace for them--a necklace with a very specific pendant, something that cannot be found at a bead store.  So, while I'm trying to make a representation of it using my standard tools--beads and filigree and polymer clay--I also thought I'd try my hand at creating a 3D image.  After all, there are such things as 3D printers nowadays!



So, I was having fun rendering images of my spaceship.  Don't judge.  ;)


And not only did I create a 3D image--I created one that I'm extremely proud of!  

(And one that I'm not posting here yet, since this item is going to be a gift--don't want to spoil the surprise!)

My success with that project has made me extremely interested in learning more, practicing more...


Today a spaceship...  Tomorrow, the world!!!
*cough*
Ahem.

...And hopefully getting to the point where I'm not only creating custom beads and jewelry ('cause that's pretty cool), I'm also creating models for the games my husband is working on ('cause, that's also pretty cool).

Not bad for just starting!

---

Soooo...  I've been working on spacecraft and beads...  Any suggestions on what my next 3D modeling project should be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)