Thursday, May 3, 2012

Show and Tell #3

Today's show and tell is actually extremely simple--and very elegant.


In the box of goodies, my Aunt sent me five strands of pearls:


Delicate and fluid strands of tiny pearls...  Simply beautiful.

The texture of the cream pearls serve as an interesting contrast to the
smooth pink ones.

Yet, they posed a bit of a problem.  I wanted to do something with them, but they were so lovely the way that they were...  The long strands were simply classic, and I couldn't bear the thought of unstringing them.


And so, I came to a compromise.


On a trip to the craft store, I picked up two spools of cream-colored ribbon (on sale!).  Using that ribbon, I came up with this design:

A simple ribbon on the left side, off-center.

The elegance in this solution is two-fold...


First, the ribbon makes the entire necklace feel very Victorian--I feel like I should go to a afternoon tea party, wearing a dress of cream lace and wielding a pink parasol.  (Not that I have a dress of cream lace, or a pink parasol, mind you--but this necklace makes me feel like I need one!)

A better view of the way that bow looks next to the rest of the necklace.

Second, I tied the bow in such a way that, while very secure, it can be untied.  So, if I ever wish to wear just one strand of pearls, I can.



Now, to be honest, I am not sure if I am going to stick with this design.  But, for right now, I think it's perfectly lovely.


...All I need is a dress of cream lace, parasol optional.


Anyone want to have an afternoon tea?  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I still plan to have that literary tea party sometime. . .so get that outfit together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)