Monday, April 30, 2012

It's Time for Show and Tell!

This week, I'm going to try to highlight some of the jewelry I've been making with the materials sent by my Aunt.  After all, I have so many pictures and ideas--I really want to share them!

So, first, a refresher...  Here are some of the necklaces that my Aunt sent to me:

Look at all the pretty beads!


Immediately, my attention was drawn to those two strands of oval blue beads, the cobalt ones, that you see in the middle of the above picture.


To begin with, I knew that I wanted to do something that included both of those strands of beads--I just really liked the way that they looked together.


And so, I started to restring them...


Lovely cobalt blue beads, being restrung on some beading wire.

...And then looked around to see what else might match them...

Ooooo, silver chain complements the cobalt blue!


...And then I combined them together into a three-strand necklace... 


Those components help the necklace lay flat.


...And then decided to make a pair of matching earrings, using some leftover beads and those same teardrop components...


They match so ridiculously well...  It makes me happy.

...And so, ta-da!  Here is the final product:


I really do love that shade of blue.


A three strand necklace and some matching earrings--that look wonderful when combined with a jean skirt!


I'm so excited with this set--and wondering about ways that I can duplicate the design with some of the other beads that I have.  :D


---


I don't usually make long, multi-stranded necklaces...  But I think that this one works.  


Just out of curiosity, what kinds of necklaces do you like?  Long, multi-layers ones...  simple chokers...  complicated seed-bead designs?  I'd love to hear your preferences!

2 comments:

  1. How about "all of the above." Most of my necklaces are made so that they show off pretty pendants at just the right height for my work uniform. But, I also like chokers. And, right now, I'm liking long chains with bigger pendants. Speaking of which... I need to get more chain and big pendants. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee... I'm there with you! I have a little bit (or, rather, a lot) of everything!

      ...If you want any help obtaining chain and big pendants, I'm sure that I can help. ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)