Monday, September 12, 2011

Autumn is a Time for Writing

Autumn must be coming.


Why do I say that?


Well, the most basic evidence is there: it's starting to feel cooler in the mornings, and the evenings begin earlier.  The trees haven't started changing color yet--but there is the feeling that it will happen suddenly, and soon.


But, even more subtly, I am feeling the itch to write.




When I was in school, summer was my time to write--mostly because that was when I had the most time to dedicate to it.  Now, I try to write year-round, without an academic schedule to constrain me.


But Autumn...  Autumn is, for some reason, a time of flowing words and budding plots, and the feeling that anything is possible.


I certainly hope that this Fall yields a bountiful writing harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)