Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Camera!

Remember what happened to my camera in this post?  That's right, it accidentally got run over by a car.  Miraculously, it still worked after that!  However, my husband used that as an excuse to get me a new camera for Christmas / my birthday.  Usually I don't like presents for those two events getting lumped into one... but in this case, I gladly made an exception!


The new camera is a Nikon D3000.  It is absolutely stunning.  I have been playing around with it all day (and last night, too).  I am still learning the ropes, since I am a newcomer to shutter speeds and ISO levels...  Most of my pictures thus far have been on auto.  Yet, despite me being a novice, the pictures are amazing.


Honestly, just look at these!


(This is also a shameless way to showcase the projects I have been working on...  I make no apologies.  *grin*)


I made this necklace with a clear Swarovski Crystal with an
AB finish.  It actually is more pink/gold than blue, but the
lighting made it look like this, and I decided not to argue.

Another shot of the same necklace.

Earrings to match the above necklace...  Closer to the true
color of the crystals themselves.

For my birthday, my in-laws gave me a gift certificate to a
bead store.  I used it to pick up the pendant for this necklace:
a beautiful carved Agate Leaf.

Another shot of the Agate Leaf Necklace...  Just look at
those striations!

A new, fancy variation on my Silmarils...  Getting
perfected before I start listing them on my store.

Another shot of the above necklace.

A new design of earring, using black teardrops with
rainbow coating.

Necklace that the above earrings were designed to match.
It truly is gorgeous!

Obviously, I am still learning...  But, wow!  I am so excited to see what else my lovely new camera can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)