Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Who is Watching Who?

Looking outside my window this morning, I realized that I was being watched.  That's right--being watched.  By whom, you may ask?  By an assortment of plucky birds.  


There were a handful of little birds (my first thought was finches, but I can neither confirm nor deny this initial identification).  There were also a pair of cardinals, male and female.  The finches and the female cardinal were all very skittish, chirping and twittering from branch to branch, never sitting still.  


The male cardinal, however, sat very close to the glass and kept staring at me.  I, of course, tried to take pictures.  So, then, the question is: who was watching who?


He's looking at me!

Now he's pretending not to be interested...


Close up of the fine gentleman


I am so blessed.  I have birds outside my window, and clean water for my shower, and friends to go to lunch with, and leftover birthday cake (not my birthday) to eat.  As I told one of my friends, right now I'm living in a world of shiny things and autumn leaves...  and that isn't a bad thing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)