Saturday, October 30, 2010

Last Days of October...

As previously mentioned, October is one of my favorite months.  It's hard to believe that it's almost over!  So, as this month winds to a close--and I start gearing up for the insanity of NaNo--I'm doing my best to document it.  How am I doing that?  How else--through pictures.


With that in mind, for this morning's post I have two updates on previous themes: birds and frost.


Taken yesterday morning: more cardinal pictures.  These were taken as I sat at my desk, looking out my window less than three feet away.


You see how close he is to the glass, right?

...Yep...  Still really close...


He's looking at me!
He stayed right there for a good 5 minutes.

Moving on...  here are some pictures taken today: more frost pictures!  These were taken outside in the backyard; when I woke up this morning, a heavy frost was clinging to the ground.  When that happens, I venture into the cold to see if I can get any good pictures.


Frost-laden marigolds


The same frost-laden marigolds, from a different angle

The frost-covered ground

Icy leaf veins


And now, the frost is slowly dissipating, and there are no birds in the lilac bush outside my window.  Yet, the sun is shining brilliantly, and the air is still crisp and cool.


I love October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)