Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy October!

It is October!  In honor of this wonderful month (which, incidentally, is one of my favorites), I have posted a set that I've been saving for such an occasion.


I present: Autumn Dragon!






The story:


Dragons come in all different colors and sizes, and they are often identified by these distinguishing attributes. The reason for this is simple: most people do not get close enough to actually learn each dragon’s true name. After all, it is much easier to call a dragon after the color of its hide than to risk life and limb to talk with it!

One dragon that earned its name in this manner is the Autumn Dragon. It is named both for its metallic red scales, and its preference for the cool weather of Fall. Throughout the rest of the year, it stays close to its cave in the High Mountains. As soon as the summer starts to dwindle, however, it can be seen flying as far east as the Enchanted Forest.

This beautiful set is made in the colors of the Autumn Dragon: golds and reds and just a touch of sky-bound blue.  The hairstick even boasts a 4" dangle, with delicate leaves and scale-crackled acrylic beads. Indeed, each piece looks like its namesake could have kept it in its horde—a remembrance of its favorite season, all throughout the year.

2 comments:

  1. I need those! So pretty! :) I'm always impressed by your beautiful jewelry and awesome photos.

    p.s. I was wondering if you took custom orders. E-mail & let me know the verdict. (allisonlynnjones@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee! I"m glad that you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)