Monday, October 18, 2010

Fire Mage

This just in!  ...Or, rather, this just posted!  It's a necklace in my Shining Silmaril series, something fitting for the season.  I present:


Shining Silmaril - Fire Mage Necklace








Why is it called Fire Mage?  The name's inspiration comes from my husband.  When I showed him this necklace, he said, "That looks like something your Fire Mage would do."  


And it's true.  I play a Fire Mage in World of WarCraft (it's one of those geeky things that my husband and I do together)...  This necklace certainly looks like some of her fire-dazzling abilities.  It looks like it could be a fireball or a pyroblast--a swirl of flame and ash.


At first, I just shrugged off the association.  Then, as I was trying to figure out what to call this necklace, I started thinking.  Just this past week, I finally got my character to level 80.  You understand that I've been working on this for about two years--since before I got married.  I am a slow leveler.  So, this was quite the achievement.


In honor of that achievement--and because of my husband's comment--the name for this necklace was born.  Geeky, yes.  Silly, perhaps.  Am I ashamed?  Not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)