Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Still More Glorious Dawn Awaits...*

Just look at these...


The Seagull Nebula


The Comet Lulin


Galaxy NGC 4911


Aren't those amazing?  All of those images are courtesy of the NASA image of the day: http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/iotd.html


I have always loved watching the stars.  I can only imagine what the ancients saw when they looked at the skies--so many more stars than we see today.  When I was little, I wanted to be an astronaut...  that is, until I learned how much math was involved.  So, I decided to stay Earth-bound, but still look at the sky in wonder.


It is partially that wonder that led to the items that I posted tonight.  The focal beads for this set reminds me a comet and its tail, hence the name (Shooting Star):






The beads themselves are positively luminous, and seem to glow.  They play with light the same way that the moon does.  (Yes, back on my light kick.)


Isn't the world we live in a beautiful place?


---


* - For those of you who don't know the reference, the title of this blog is actually a quote from Carl Sagan.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)